What do you want to see on the front of this year’s PLOS Comp Biol t-shirt? Enter our fifth annual t-shirt competition by sending us an eye-catching, innovative design that highlights a recent development in computational biology, and your entry could be featured on the t-shirts we’ll be handing out at July’s ISMB 2014 conference in Boston, USA!
To enter the competition, email your design to ploscompbiol[at]staging.plos.org by Friday 9th May 2014.
We’re looking for designs that:
- are visually striking;
- capture a recent advance or innovation in the field;
- appeal to the computational biology community.
If you’re the lucky winner, not only will you get a free t-shirt, you’ll also see your design and research featured here on PLOS Biologue. Read our write-up of last year’s winning design.
Please review the following design requirements carefully before beginning your entry:
- Style: Keep your design simple, readable and visible–type at 12pt or larger; lines at 4pt or larger
- Logo: Do not include the PLOS Computational Biology logo or name in your design; this would be added later
- Colours: Solid colours only (max. of 4 colours), with no shading
- No Photographs or complex dimensional images
- Maximum size: 12” x 12” (30cm x 30cm)
- Resolution: 150 ppi minimum (pixels per inch); must be sharp (fuzzy images will not be accepted)
- No Background: Do not include any background (white or colour) behind your image
- Acceptable File Types: Original layered files .psd, .eps, .ai, or .pdf (hi-resolution)
- Your design does not have to originate from a PLOS article. But if it does, then please include a URL to the PLOS article and a brief explanation of your design.
- Please do not submit images that have been published by another publisher.
- PLOS will place your design on a t-shirt made specifically for PLOS Computational Biology. PLOS will determine the overall design of the t-shirt with the winning image placed to fit while following the organization’s style guide requirements.
Get creative and showcase your research at the same time! Send in your entries, or any queries, to ploscompbiol[at]staging.plos.org. We want to hear from you!